Sometimes I'm really odd. I should say I have a love of all things odd. Which in turn makes me odd.
One of the loves I have is for words. I love onomatopoeia ...buzz, schlop!, ding!, crash!, meow, ribbit, beep beep!, zoom. If you didn't know already or didn't figure it out by my acting it out, onomatopoeia is a word that imitates a sound or suggests the source of a sound. I love that!
But what I really love are oxymorons. An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines words that are normally opposite in meaning. Today, just for fun, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you :)
- Sweet sorrow: While it is sweet when someone I don't care for gets in trouble I wouldn't say their sorrow was sweet..
- Legally drunk: If it's legal then why do people get in trouble for it?
- Extremely average: It's REALLY just like everything else...As a matter of fact it's MORE like everything else than everything else is!
- Constant variable: Maybe the variable is constantly changing...?
- Living dead: Not only are these guys scary but they're doing the impossible! Wait. Right? I mean you can't be dead and alive at the same time can you? Say no. Quickly!
- Friendly fire: Hello? They're SHOOTING AT YOU. How is that friendly??
- Organized mess: I've seen this. It can happen.
- Jumbo shrimp: Delicious little but can be big guys...especially dipped in cocktail sauce :D
I'm actually very sick today...physically not mentally... Hopefully I'll get to visit y'all soon. For now I'm going back to bed. I hope y'all are doing good and have a great day :)