Friday, March 26, 2010

Ever thought of living on an island?



Have you ever even fantasized about living on an island?
 

Living On Island Time Pictures, Images and Photos

Photo courtesy of Photobucket

I know I have. Just me and my peoples and my animals living peacefully on an island all to ourselves without any outside interferences. Sounds like heaven doesn't it?

It probably would be too. At least until the island disappeared. 

Wait. That doesn't happen does it? Islands don't disappear. No way. Look at Hawaii and all their islands. They've been there a long time right?

Yes. They disappear. (You knew I was going to say that didn't you?)

The newest island to disappear is New Moore Island in the Bay of Bengal. The bad part ...well, besides the island disappearing... is that India and Bangladesh have been fighting over who owns that island for the past three decades. I guess that's one 30 year fight resolved. 

And where did the island go? Under the sea of course. Scientists say that global warming is causing the seas to rise and islands are being submerged. Another island in that same area became submerged in 1996 forcing it's inhabitants to move to the mainland and 10 other islands there are at risk of being submerged.

This totally messes up all the fantasies I've ever had of living on an island. Unless, of course, I built my house as a houseboat...then when the island disappeared I could live on the ocean. Hmmmm...that might work. 

post signature

2 COMMENTS:

william manson said...

loved the pun there Kath "have u ever fantasized about living on an Island?? fantasy Island? get it LOL, good one xx

Doris Sturm said...

I love the houseboat idea too, Kathy.

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)