Monday, March 9, 2009

Try it, you might like it



Do you have a printer? Do you ever mail letters? If so, have I got a deal for you!

The United States Postal Service has a website (which I'm sure most of you know or, like me, assumed) and they offer stamps. But not just sheets of stamps. They have a program that allows you to print your own stamps right on your envelopes!

The program itself is pretty cool if you ask me. You can print the whole envelope, addresses and all. Plus they have pictures you can add to your envelopes. We sent a letter out to my daughter with a four leaf clover next to our return address and a lady hugging whose arms made the shape of a heart across the top. That was a standard size envelope.

Then we got fancy. We decided to burn some CD's for Tim's mom and get them mailed out to her. We printed a large envelope and added a fragile picture (which was actually a broken glass that says Fragile! underneath it! That was pretty cool I thought). It was a 6 x 9 envelope.

It turned out beautifully! You can even change your fonts and colors. Now are you ready for the best part? It was free!

Yep, I said free :) Don't get too excited though. It's only free for 4 weeks. After that it's $15.00 a month for the service plus the cost of stamps. But the first 4 weeks ARE free plus you get $5.00 worth of free stamps too (@ 42 cents a stamps that works out to 11 letters) which is awesome. At least I think it is.

So, like I said, try it, you might like it. And you may decide the $15.00 a month is worth continuing the service after the free month. Who knows? Everything you can do at the post office (paying by weight, insuring your letters, tracking) can be done from the website and they offer a free set of scales (you have to pay shipping and handling but I think it was only $6...we ordered them) which is great if you're not good at guessing weights.

All in all I think it's a terrific deal and I would encourage you to try it. If you're anything like me you'll love how your envelopes look with all the pretties!


2 COMMENTS:

maryt/theteach said...

Kathy, I'm going on over... Thanks you for telling me! :)

Jill said...

I am going to check it out!

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)