Saturday, January 16, 2010

Be yourself



Adam Lambert wowed me on last season's American Idol (which I'm sure you remember from all my posts about him). I was totally in love with his flamboyant ways and beautiful voice. I would even go so far as to say that I was his #1 fan. Now I'm a little disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I still love him. I'm just not as wowed.

I know he caused a lot of controversy on the 2009 American Music Awards when he grabbed his male keyboardist and laid a big kiss on him but to me, that was part of who he is. I wasn't one of the people that was bothered by that. As a matter of fact, I cheered because of it.

Now, I'm sure some of you are screaming at your screen and telling me how wrong I am for that, but I'm sorry, I will never believe any different than I do. People are people to me. Black, white, gay, straight...it doesn't matter to me. What you do in your private life makes no difference to me. What matters to me is the person and I believe Adam to be a real talent.

Here's where my disappointment shows up. I was surfing around the web and came across this story about Adam. I immediately watched the video. He sounds wonderful but where is the flash, the glam, the wow? It's missing. To me it's practically boring. If I close my eyes and just listen, it's awesome but that's not what I want to do. I want to see a show. I want to be entertained. I want my Glambert back!!

Ok, that's enough complaining for one day :)

Here's the video. Enjoy his voice. I stand by my statement that he is a real talent.


post signature


4 COMMENTS:

william manson said...

hi Kathy, popped over from Amys place congrats on your award, well deserved, like this blog, hard work goes into this. excellent story..

maryt/theteach said...

Ya know Kathy, I like this video... could it be the song that leaves something to be desired? Thanks for your well wishes and concern. I'm back blogging now... :)

Ruth said...

Maybe it's another side of him. Maybe it's still him?

You can be like me with Neil Young. I don't care for his heavy metal stuff, I stick with the acoustic.

pammie said...

WHAT? OH MY GAWD I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!

i love adam lambert...WE are his #1 fan dammit!!! LOL

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)