Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This mornings headlines



Reading the news this morning, I came across several things that caught my attention so today I thought I would basically summarize each one rather than write about one particular subject. And off we go...

Unreturned library book leads to woman’s arrest

This story is out of Iowa. She was arrested and had to post a $250 bond for a $13.95 book. What I don’t understand is why spend that money to use the police to arrest someone over less than $20. I just think that’s ridiculous. Give them back the book and pay them the $13.95 and move on. Next…

93-year-old froze to death, owed big utility bill

This story out of Michigan just broke my heart and it made me so angry at the same time. The man was 93. He should never have been living alone. I don’t believe the power company should be able to control how much power you receive either. I had no idea they did that. Oakland County’s deputy chief medical examiner said the 93 year old man died “a slow, painful death” after the power company restricted his electricity use because he was past due on his bill. Neighbors said there was ice on the inside of his windows when they discovered him dead in his home. The temperature inside the house was 32 degrees. That’s… I have no idea how to end that sentence. It’s just heartbreaking.

Paramedic Charged in John Travolta Extortion Plot

I was so upset when Jett Travolta died. And I was upset by some people’s reactions to his death and some of the things that were said. I just don’t understand people sometimes. A child died. That should be the end of it except for the mourning. But no, unscrupulous people are always looking for a way to make that money. The details are still pretty sketchy, but one of the paramedics from the ambulance Jett rode to the hospital in has been formally charged with attempting to extort and conspiracy to extort $25 million dollars from the Travolta family. All I can say to that is what goes around comes around and I'm glad the police are doing something about it.

And last but not least…

Woman gives birth to octuplets in SoCal hospital

Six boys and two girls weighing in from 1 pound, 8 ounces to 3 pounds, 4 ounces. Doctors only thought the mother was having seven babies and baby #8 surprised them. Three of the infants needed medical care but as of the story I read, they were all stable. This is only the second time in known history that octuplets have survived more than a few hours. I hope she’s resting at the hospital now; she’ll definitely need the energy once they all get home!

Th-th-th-that’s all folks!

Have a great day everybody!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)