Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My dear guests! I am Mr. Roarke, your host. Welcome...




I saw tonight that we lost another of my childhood favorites. Ricardo Montalban was in my living room so many different times. What stands out most in my mind is Corinthian leather and the Chrysler Cordoba. And Star Trek (who could forget that chest?). And of course Fantasy Island. For awhile I believed he was Mr. Roarke and if I got to him he would make all my dreams come true.

He was born Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalban Merino in Mexico City on November 25, 1920. He began acting in leading roles in 1949 (Border Incident) and continued through recent years eventually working from a wheelchair.

My personal favorite performances of his were:

Planet of the Apes (1968)
Fantasy Island (1978 - 1984)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
The Naked Gun movies (1988 - 1994)

He married his wife in 1944 and remained married to her until her death 63 years later on November 13, 2007. He was of the Catholic faith and said that his religion was the "most important thing" in his life. He was 88. Rest in Peace Ricardo Montalban. You will be missed.


Fantasy Island TV Show Opening Theme Season One (1978)



0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)