Friday, February 12, 2010

I sure did miss you!



I'm back!!!! I don't know if you're as excited as I am (I'm pretty darn excited!!) but I'm here again...yay!

I'm here again because my brother-in-law turned the internet back on for me :) He had his reasons (and I'll tell you about them in just a second) but it's super nice for me at the same time! I missed y'all TONS!

His reason? He started a new business and decided he needed 1. a website, 2. someone who knows about the internet (me!) and 3. someone who could take care of the email stuff (me again!). So thanks to Mike I'm back!

I only think it's fair that I tell you about his business since he was nice enough to hook me up :D

Yes, I know that's a dog with poop behind him LOL That's his business. Cleaning up dog waste. I think it's actually something that's needed.

Did you know that dog waste is toxic? According to Wikipedia, "Toxocara canis eggs in dog feces can cause toxocariasis. In the United States, about 10,000 cases of Toxocara infection are reported in humans each year and almost 14% of the US population is infected. In Great Britain, 24% of soil samples taken from public parks contained Toxocara canis eggs. Untreated toxocariasis can cause retinal damage and decreased vision. Dog feces can also contain hookworms that cause cutaneous larva migrans in humans."

So, you see, it is a necessary business. If you'd like to check out his website, click here.

If you live in Georgia, specifically in the Atlanta/Athens area, and are interested in using this service, you can email Mike at mikebrakhage@yahoo.com or give him a call at 678-863-4971.

post signature


2 COMMENTS:

william manson said...

KATHY, wow welcome back dear, have missed you, a huge thank you to your brother in law for making it possible for you to come back, and I think what you are doing for him is AWSOME, well done sounds like a great deal..THANK YOU dear for all your kind comments, really pleased to have you back xx

Doris Sturm said...

Hi Kathy! I'm glad you're back, but since I was not online either, I didn't even notice you were disconnected as well...I switched to a cheaper (and much slower) speed, but at least I can keep in touch with family, friends and somewhat my blog, albeit it loads really, really slowly. So, needless to say, I can't do as much blog hopping as before, but maybe some day I can upgrade to something faster.

Yes, I know dog and even cat waste is a big, big problem. Another reason children should not be allowed to walk barefoot in the grass. I've heard of people getting worms in their legs from animal waste...yuk! That's so sad, though, because I remember running barefooted in the grass when I was a kid and rolling down a hill without having to worry if I rolled in poop or broken glass...those were the days! (sigh) I love feeling the grass and especially the sand between my toes ;-)
Hey, I think I owe you a snowflake. I got so preoccupied with the holidays and not having the Internet anymore, I totally lost track of my responsibilities. Remember from when I had that contest asking people what the garland on my tree was made out of, remember? Well, if you still want one, I'd be more than happy to mail it to you if you give me your address. You can just e-mail it to me at
dmsturm@hotmail.com or at
honeybeecrochet@live.com

Glad to see you, Kathy!

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)