Is there some problem with cleanliness? Do workers find it too difficult to follow basic food safety precautions? Is it hard to wash your hands? Is it too inconvenient? Do they even care? Do I sound upset? Well, I am.
I'm upset because 248,000 pounds of beef have been recalled because of E-Coli. TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS.
The beef was shipped mainly to restaurants in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, South Dakota and Washington. The restaurants that are listed (even though the story says the "beef products sold primarily to" which means these are not ALL the restaurants it was sold to) are: Moe's, Carino's Italian Grill, and KRM.
Included in the recall:
- Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak
- Boneless Beef Tips
- Savory Sirloin Tips
- Bacon Wrapped Beef Fillet
- Beef Shoulder Marinated Tender Medallions
- 75% Boneless Beef Trimmings
- Beef Trimmings
- Beef Sirloin Philly Steak
- EGN Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak
- EGN Boneless Beef Sirloin Tri Tip Steak
- KRM Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak
- Carino's Boneless Beef Outside Skirt Steak
- Carino's Boneless Beef Outside Skirt Steak Pieces
- Moe's Beef Steak
They say this is the first recall their company has ever had in it's 30 year history. While that's a pretty good track record, one time is enough for me. Six states, countless restaurants. And remember, E-Coli is spread through fecal contamination. FECAL CONTAMINATION. Yep. That's enough for me.