Hey guys! Sorry I've been away all week but I've been on a cookie baking mission! I baked right at 500 cookies for family members this week. Wait. It gets better. I cooked them all from scratch. Better yet... I cooked them all in a toaster oven. LOL True story. 8 cookies at a time... You KNOW I've been busy busy!! I finally finished frosting the sugar cookies and packing/wrapping the cookie packages up last night. Late last night. So now I'm back :)
But I'm tired.
So today I'm just going to share an appropriate email that I got from my mom last night. Her timing couldn't have been better! I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season! See you tomorrow!
Christmas Cookie Rules
1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.
2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calorie free (rule #1), yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.
4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!
7. Cookies eaten while watching "A Christmas Carol" have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.
8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate.
We all know how calories like to CLING!