Sunday, July 26, 2009

Probably not a popular post....



This post will probably rub some people the wrong way but as far as I'm concerned I'm allowed to have my own opinion even if it doesn't agree with other people's opinions. I guess I'll just go ahead and say it...

I am SO sick of hearing about Michael Jackson.

Yes, I wrote a post the day he died. Yes, I listened to his music in the 80's. Yes, he was world famous and loved by many. He was also hated and ridiculed by many. AND one of my favorite people, Farrah Fawcett, passed away on the same day but people aren't still talking about her.

I find it very annoying how the same people who made pedophile jokes and "white boy" jokes are now saying how wonderful MJ was. Did they forget what their past opinion was? Are they just following the crowd? What exactly is the deal with that? Maybe they're afraid that people will think badly of them but come on, he was accused of those things. He was very odd. He wasn't "just like you and me".

How is it now, over a month after his death, that he is still in the news every day? Many people that were loved and admired have passed away in the last year but we're not still talking about them 24/7. Why not? What was so special about MJ that people can't stop talking about him? And yes, I am talking about him now. I don't know if that's irony or confusion. I just know that I'd be happy to walk through the supermarket without seeing his face on every magazine or turn on my TV without seeing his face on every channel. It's beyond normal and is really irritating me now.

K, I'm done ranting for today. Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you have a great one.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)