Friday, June 26, 2009

It was a bad day for us 70's kids/80's teens



Yesterday we lost two greats in the entertainment world. I feel like I grew up with both of them.

I first found out about Farrah Fawcett passing away at the age of 62 around 11:00 a.m. yesterday. I was so heartbroken. She was a truly beautiful soul. She fought so hard over the last three years to overcome anal cancer but in the end the cancer won.

I can remember being 13 and playing Charlie's Angels with my sisters at our aunts house. I was always Sabrina, my sister Pam was Kelly and Adrianne was Jill. I always wanted to be Jill. To me she was the most beautiful. Adrianne got to be her because she was blonde. Some girls have all the luck.

I read alot about Farrah yesterday. I saw alot of pictures too, but the one picture that kept coming into my mind was the one that hung on just about everyone's wall in the late 70's. I think it captured her perfectly. Just looking at it, at that smile, those eyes, that beauty brings me back to the days of no worries, of no pressure, of pure love. I will so miss Farrah. She will forever be an Angel to me.

Photobucket

February 2, 1947 – June 25, 2009


We talked about Farrah most of the afternoon then around 2:00 p.m. my husband sent me a text that said "did you hear about Michael Jackson? They said he had a heart attack and he's at the hospital." Well of course I had to look it up online and I was completely shocked to find out that not only did he have a heart attack but he died.

Michael had to be one of the oddest but most incredible performers there has ever been. He had the weirdest personal life I can imagine but as a singer he was outstanding. I was a huge fan of Michael in the 80's and watched his life with awe.

Thinking back on his incredible life I see images in spots: The Jackson 5 with little Michael out front belting out ABC; can you moonwalk?; catching on fire during a Pepsi commercial; his odd marriage to Lisa Marie Presley; his retreating further into his own world leading people to try to figure it out without his help; the accusations; the surgeries. I could go on and on but I think I'll stop there.

There is going to be an investigation into his death (he was only 50) and I guess we'll find out more at a later date. I am still shocked that he's gone. Incredibly shocked. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought to myself "Michael is dead". I don't know how long it will take my brain to accept it. It doesn't want to at all.

Photobucket

August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009


0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

You should really comment if you're here. It would make me very happy. I thrive on attention. You should know this by now. You should automatically click on the comment button and say SOMETHING! FEED MY NEED!! TALK TO ME!!!! Please. :)